Wednesday, September 7, 2011

STVMONLM5



Hello blog friends. Today's cards are for Stamp TV's Mix It Up Monday challenge, Think Pink For AJ.   http://stamptv.ning.com/forum/topics/mix-it-up-monday-think-pink-for-aj
The first card was made without me  checking the "recipe" again so I when finished it I realized I didn't have any white on it so I added white pearls on two corners. Next time I'll double check before starting the card. I wasn't sure this would qualify so I made a second card using white, pink & ,my other color, brown. Today my neighbor, Barb Taylor, helped me make a dresser card........sorry I don't know who originally did this card, then I came home and made this one. I wanted to join in the Think Pink For AJ challenge to wish her well and also because my sister is a 4 1/2 year breast cancer survivor and my sister-in-law is a 19 year survivor.

On the first card the gems on the scallops are actually pink but they don't show up that color in the photo. The dress was made from the Sizzix scallop oval die, Nestabilities Classic Scallop Square small  & classic square small dies On the dresser card, that little blurb on the left side of the top drawer is a piece of lace meant to look like a ladies handkerchief hanging out. The "drawers" are Nestabilities Fancy Labels die with the ends cut off and used as the handles. The Curly Label punch was used on the bottom of the dresser, MS punch for the "crown". I used a Sizzix ef on both cards.

Thanks for stopping by. As always, I love to hear your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment