Saturday, September 3, 2011

Dinosaur Train


Hello blog friends. It's hard to believe Labor Day week-end is here already.....where does the time go??  This is the card I made for our great-grandson Kadens' 6 birthday.  I CASE'd the circus train card done by Sharon White   sharonsscrappyspace.com Thank you Sharon for the cute idea and the video tutorial.



Since I like to think outside the box I wanted to try dinosaurs instead of circus animals. I couldn't find any dinosaur sticker that would work but my friend found dinosaur paper by The Paper Studio. The dino's in the wagon were cut out from that paper adhered to cardstock to give them more stability. I had to print the "engineer" off the computer to get the right size and also facing the right direction. The "Happy Birthday" was stamped with black ink using a stamp I've had for many years. To make the track, I used another very old stamp with Soft Suede ink on light tan cs, cut narrow strips of gray cs for the rails. I stamped the Bashful Blue background with white clouds. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I welcome any comments you might have. Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful Labor Day.

1 comment:

  1. Gerry it is so adorable. I love it.
    You should be teaching classes LOL
    I am saving it to my favorites. Your grandson will love it

    ReplyDelete