Monday, August 15, 2011

Off To College



Hello my blog friends. Todays card has a double purpose. I wanted to make a "going off to college" card for my granddaughter who will be moving into her dorm tomorrow. Also I wanted to do the CR84FN36 challenge using yellow, craft, neutral. I chose gray for my neutral color. Supplies for this card are Bazzill cs, Zebra ef by The Paper Studio,  SU owl punch, Su bird punch, Sizzix Sizzlet die, Nestabilities Petite Ovals small, Petite Scalloped Ovals large, sentiment from SU So Happy For You, the owls wings were punched from a 1" circle punch then cut in 1/2 and I distressed the edges. The white dots on the yellow part of the owl were done with a white Signo pen. I used a circle punch for the corners of the embossed layer. Hope you like it.
Next week another granddaughter goes off to college.....maybe I will find another challenge that will work for her card :) Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. This card is a hoot Gerry :) Love the owl and embossed background! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this Gerry! The woodgrain is a perfect backdrop for the sweet little owl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card for your granddaughter - she'll love it! Owls are just so sweet and I like this guy - he looks very wise! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So darn CUTE!!! Love that sweet little owl! What a fabulous take on the challenge colors! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gerry, those eyes of that owl look so compelling and wise! LOVE the embossed kraft background! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete